Paprika Chicken and French Green Beans
1 lb of Los Angeles Salad Company French Green Beans (Haricots verts)
2 boneless skinless chicken Breasts (about 1 lb, in total)
1/2 tsp of groung coriander
1/2 tsp of ground cumin
2 1/2 tsp of paprika, divided
1 sliced shallot
3 minced garlic cloves
10 oz of mushrooms, roughly chopped
1/4 cup of red wine vinegar
Pepper to taste
1/2 cup fresh parlsey, chopped
1. Start with 1 pound of French Green Beans (Haricots verts) and steam them for about 4 to 5 minutes.
2. While the beans are steaming, season the chicken: cut the chicken into strips, place them in a bowl, and sprinkle on about 1/2 teaspoon of ground coriander and cumin. Then, about 2 teaspoons of good, high quality paprika.
3. Toss the chicken around to make sure every piece gets a lot of spice.
4. When the beans are tender, take them off the heat.
5. Warm a skillet over medium heat and spray it with cooking spray. Add the sliced shallot and minced garlic, and sprinkle with another 1/2 teaspoon of paprika. (The more paprika the better!)
6. After a minute, add in the chicken. While the chicken is cooking (5 to 8 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F), rough-chop the mushrooms and added them, too, along with a 1/4 cup of red wine vinegar and a little cracked pepper. **The tough thing about coating raw chicken with paprika is because of all the spice, it's hard to tell when the chicken browns and is cooked. Take a piece or two out and cut them in half to be sure they are done before eating, or use a food thermometer to test the temperature (should be 165 degrees F).**
7. When the chicken is done, turn the heat to low, add in the green beans and 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley. Give it a quick toss to mix up the flavors, and VOILA! An, easy, simple, tasty meal!
Keep it up, David!
Los Angeles Salad Company © 2014 All rights reserved