Recipes - Rosemary Ginger Zucchini Boats - Los Angeles Salad Company Pickled Vegetables
Ingredients 2 lb of Los Angeles Salad Company vegetables all cut in half (mix of Baby Summer Squash, Baby Zucchini and Yellow Wax Beans in this case)
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
bay leaves (one per container)
whole cloves of garlic, peeled (one per container)
2 1/2 cups apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 cup water
1/2 cup granulated sugar
4 tbsp of salt
2 tsp of whole black peppercorns
2 tbsp of whole mustard seeds
2 tsp of whole coriander seeds
2 tbsp of dried dill
Directions Brussels Sprouts
1. Cut veggies in half and thinly slice the red onion.
2. Lay out containers (glass or plastic) to marinate the veggies in.
3. Distribute evenly the mix of cut vegetables in the containers.
4. Combine all the brine ingredients in a pot and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring the brine occasionally to disolve the sugar and salt.
5. Pour the brine over the vegetables using a ladle. If the brine doesn't cover the veggies, quickly add a bit of boiling water and stir.
6. Leave containers uncovered at room temperature for about an hour until most of the heat dissipate.
7. Put lids on and place in the refrigerator
from 5 days to a week.
Note: Pickled veggies should be good for roughly one month. Keep refrigerated.