Recipes - Beef and Butternut Squash Stew - Los Angeles Salad Company Beef and Butternut Stew (Slow Cooker) Serves 8
Ingredients 2 lb of Los Angeles Salad Company Fresh Butternut Squash
1 1/2 lb of lean beef stew meat
1/4 cup of flour
1 tsp of garlic powder
1 tbsp of steak seasoning
3 stalks of celery
1 small yam
1 small yellow onion
1/2 red onion (optional)
1 tbsp of cumin
1 tbsp of paprika
1 tbsp of black pepper
1 tbsp of cinnamon
1 tsp of Cayenne
4 cups of low-sodium beef broth
1. Start with a 1 1/2 lb package of lean beef stew meat and cut the pieces into smaller cubes. Toss the meat in a big bag with 1/4 cup of flour, a teaspoon of garlic powder, and a tablespoon of steak seasoning, until the cubes were all coated
2. Sear the seasoned beef in 1 tablespoon of olive oil, just to brown on all sides.
Chop the following: 3 carrots, 3 stalks of celery, 1 small yam, 1 small yellow onion, 1/2 red onion (optional)
4. Place squash first in the slow cooker, followed by the rest of the veggies. Then the browned beef.
5. Sprinkle about 1 tablespoon of each:
cumin, paprika, garlic powder, black pepper, cinnamon and 1 teaspoon of cayenne.
5. Add 4 cups of low-sodium beef broth.
6. Cookt on high for 4 to 5 hours (or on low for 8 to 10 hours), until the beef was fully cooked and starting to fall apart.